Eaton Crop Care has been set up to offer key services to the Marlborough Viticulture and Wine industry. I have over 35 years’ experience in my own vineyards, consulting locally and nationally, establishing successful vineyards and more recently 2 years as a Technical Advisor.
The many years of practical vineyard experience has given me a deep understanding of many facets of vineyard development and management, particularly: spray scheduling and nutrition management.
The past two years working with suppliers of chemistry and nutritional products to the industry has given a depth of knowledge in:
- best application
- resistance strategy
- nutritional management
- high salinity soil types
Supply of a range of products
- Adria Crop Protection – Fungicides, Insecticides, Herbicides and Adjuvants
- Botryzen range of Organic fungicides
- Southwell – Contact fungicidal eradicant (pending BioGro registration)
- EM – Organic micro-organisms
Personalised Spray Programs
- I work with growers and wineries to develop personalised programs that use the latest available technologies to create a program that is compliant with their winery and SWNZ while also meeting their own personal criteria.
- A Nutritional Program that uses all the latest products available on the market to allow a grower to achieve target yields while maintaining balanced vineyard nutrition.
- Specialist advice on specific nutritional conditions created in high Sodium vineyard sites.
- Vineyard monitoring at critical disease pressure points
- Disease pressure and incidence reporting
- Grape plant supply through Stanmore Nursery
- Site assessment and layout
- Rootstock and clonal options
Grape Brokering and monitoring
- Arranging supply of grapes for industry clients and monitoring